Our friends over at Pure Pops have teamed up with the good folk of Pimm’s to bring us the DIY Pimm’s pop! The Pimm’s Pop sees the classic Pimm’s serve, reinvented in the form of a non-alcoholic ice pop, perfectly suited to the aussie climate and many a backyard wedding! Easy to create and freeze at home. The Pimm’s pop combines strawberries, cucumber, orange, mint and other delicious ingredients featured in the classic Pimm’s serve.
Pure Pops founders Alice and Georgina are excited for Pimm’s lovers to try their Aussie take on the classic Pimm’s serve. So what are you waiting for? Don’t dilly dally about, make your own Pimm’s Pops by following the step-by-step instructions below for a delightful drink that is sure to impress.
Pimm’s Pop by Pure Pops
500ml (2 cups) flat ginger ale
70ml freshly squeezed orange juice
40ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
80ml mint syrup
Thin slices of strawberries, cucumber and orange and mint sprigs to garnish
1.5 cups of firmly packed mint leaves
Mint Syrup Directions
1. Combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat stir to dissolve sugar, simmer
2. Remove from heat and set aside to cool
3. Bring a saucepan of water to the simmer. Add mint leaves, stir to submerge leaves. Blanch the aforementioned leaves until bright green. This should take about 20-30 seconds.
4. Drain into a fine sieve and refresh in a bowl of iced water. Drain mint well, squeeze to remove excess water and combine in a food processor or blender with cool sugar syrup
5. Blend until mint is finely chopped. Strain through a fine sieve (discard mint)
6. You will need 80ml for the recipe. Remaining mint sugar syrup will keep in an airtight container in the
fridge for 1 week
Pimm’s Pop Directions
1. Combine ginger ale, orange juice, lemon juice and mint syrup in an ice pop mould
2. Arrange fruit slices and mint sprigs in moulds
3. Top with liquid mix and freeze until slightly frozen (approx. 60 minutes)
4. Insert ice cream stick and freeze until solid and fully frozen
5. Submerge moulds halfway in cold water to remove, pull sticks gently and place in glass tumblers
Top each tumbler with a 30ml of Pimms No.1 Cup, lemonade and garnish to taste with strawberries, orange, cucumber and mint.