We love a good wedding here at Hello May and aim to feature the cute and quirky as much as the simply stunning and everything in-between. It doesn’t matter if the budget was $5000 and the bride wore Nanna’s vintage wedding dress or $250,000 and the bride wore a custom couture creation, if there is a point of difference to your usual cookie cutter wedding, we want to be the first to check it out.
Before diving into our submissions criteria below, be sure to have a good read of our Q&A page to get a good sense of what we look for in a submission, along with a whole bunch of do’s and don’ts and a myriad of questions answered, like why we are unable to accept all submissions, even if they are really really awesome.
Then simply drop us a line at [email protected] with the following info.
- The couples name in the subject line
- The suburb and state where the wedding was held along with any vendor details you know like the bridal gown designer, venue, florist, entertainment etc. You no longer need to fill out the credits list when making a submission but we do need some details in order to make an informed decision so the more you can tell us about the day the better.
- A Pixieset (our similar) link cut and pasted into your submission email. Please note that Pixieset, with web res, hi res and original file sizes available for download is our preferred method for receiving images. Just don’t forget to give us the password and download pin!
Important things to remember…
- If not using Pixieset (which is our preferred method of receiving submissions) clearly label your dropbox folder with your business name and the couples name, simply calling it ‘Hello May’ get’s a little confusing when we are downloading hundreds of submissions a week.
- We only accept submissions from the photographer, as they own the copyright to the photos.
- As we like to deliver EXCLUSIVE, never before seen content to our readers, please ensure the photos have not appeared on or been submitted to any other blogs or magazines. Yes this includes overseas blogs and magazines too. Failure to comply will effect our willingness to publish future submissions. However please be sure to have a read of the risks involved when a submission has to much exposure prior to being published here.
- Please don’t do a limited or special edit just for us. We want to see the whole day so the gallery the couple was originally supplied with is always greatly appreciated.
- All photos need to be 2000px wide (don’t forget to ensure your vertical frames are this wide also)
- Nothing is ever certain. Submissions move from the blog to the magazine and back to the blog again all time time (and on the rare occasion) need to be handed back if we run out of time or room to print them. So please keep this in mind when liaising with your couples.
What NOT to do…
- Do not cc in any other Hello May emails “just in case”. Your submission will only be downloaded and reviewed from [email protected] and sending it to other addresses does not improve your chances, it only creates confusion.
- Don’t send us horizontal frames that are 2000px wide and vertical frames that are 500px wide. ALL photos need to be min 2000px wide.
- Don’t insist a wedding has to go in the magazine. It is up to the editors discretion what goes in the magazine and on the blog and no you can not pay us to put your wedding in the magazine. No money exchanges hands for editorial. Ever.
- Email us with questions that are clearly outlined on our Q&A pages.